RAJAR Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is RAJAR of 6th Floor, 55 New Oxford Street, London WC1A 1BS. Our nominated contact for the purpose of the Act is Lyndsay Ferrigan.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site rajar.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- RAJAR Ltd may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
|Cookie name||Type of cookie||Purpose of cookie||How to opt out|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmb,__utmv and __utmz||These are third party cookies (ie ones that are set by a third party) all set by Google Inc.||Our site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of those services and compile a report for us.||Google provides a tool for opting out of this cookie here.|
|RAJAR_Session||This is a first party cookie set by RAJAR.||This is set for all users of the website to distinguish you from other users, retain settings in data reports and helps to log users in securely.||You may delete this cookie at browser level yourself. aboutcookies.org is an external website that explains how users can delete cookies.|
|RAJAR_COMPANY_ID||This is a first party cookie set by RAJAR.||This is set only for users of the subscriber only sections of the website to distinguish you from other users and log you in securely.||You may delete this cookie at browser level yourself. aboutcookies.org is an external website that explains how users can delete cookies.|
|RAJAR_UID||This is a first party cookie set by RAJAR.||This is set only for users of the subscriber only sections of the website to distinguish you from other users and log you in securely.||You may delete this cookie at browser level yourself. aboutcookies.org is an external website that explains how users can delete cookies.|
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If RAJAR Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Joint Industry Stakeholders and other related partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access of information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.